Healing Hearts Animal Rescue Group does not have a shelter or physical location. All of our animals are in foster homes in the Northern VA area.
- The first step in adopting a dog is completing our non-binding Dog Adoption Application.
- Veterinary references and home ownership status will be checked.
- You will be contacted to discuss your application. We are an all-volunteer group, and our time is limited, so at times of high volume it may take longer.
- Arrangements will be made for you to meet the dog you are interested in, if you have not previously met him/her, at the foster home or an adoption event.
- After you have met the dog, a mandatory home visit will be scheduled. The purpose of this home visit is to ensure that the dog will be living in a safe, appropriate environment.
- The fee for adopting a dog is $325, and is required for all dogs adopted. This fee helps cover the medical, transport and foster expenses incurred in rescuing each dog. Our expenses for each rescue almost always exceed our adoption fee.
- Our goal is to find the best home for each dog. Please keep this in mind if we say that the home you can provide is not suitable for the dog you are interested in.
All dogs age 6 months and older will be spayed or neutered, heartworm tested, vaccinated and de-wormed. All dogs under 6 months will have age-appropriate vaccines and de-worming.
Due our home visit policy, we can only adopt out to Northern Virginia and the surrounding area.